Terms & Conditions
Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
The AFC Web Site
- The Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) provides the information, documents, photographs, video clips and other materials (collectively, “Materials”) contained in this web site (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”). Materials presented herein are for informative purposes only.
- Documentti Ltd administers this Site on behalf of the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC). All Material on this Site is subject to these terms and conditions. Unless otherwise provided, any reference in the present terms and conditions to “AFC” includes Africa Finance Corporation.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of the AFC Management, Boards of Directors, Boards of Governors or the countries they represent.
- Use of this Site is at User’s sole risk. Materials provided on this Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. AFC specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability or current validity of any such Materials. AFC periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances including, but not limited to, negligence, shall AFC be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result directly or indirectly from use of this Site.
- This Site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information and content providers. AFC does not represent or endorse the accuracy, completeness, reliability or current validity of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information or content provider, or any User of this Site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk.
Links to Third-party Web Sites
- This Site may contain links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of AFC and AFC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. AFC provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by AFC.
Linking to the AFC Site
- Generally, Internet web sites may link to the Site without seeking the permission of AFC. However, such links must clearly identify AFC as the source of the information displayed and preserve the integrity of AFC web pages without alteration.
If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by AFC, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by AFC. AFC reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings.
- All Materials that appear on the Site are the exclusive property of AFC or of its content providers, unless otherwise indicated. AFC encourages Users to print, download, or copy Material from the Site exclusively for personal and non-commercial use. Users may not resell, redistribute or create derivative works for commercial purposes without the express, written consent of AFC.
- For copyright permission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Preservation of Immunities
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of AFC, which are specifically reserved.
Scam emails falsely implying association with the AFC
If you are a victim or have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or phone call purportedly from, for or on behalf of the AFC, do not respond to the email and please email us at email@example.com . The AFC is actively trying to put a halt to these misleading practices, and we continuously pursue criminal activity with the assistance of multiple international security organizations in order to protect the AFC. We greatly appreciate your help in bringing suspect communications to our attention at the following addresses:
- AFC Cyber Crime Email Reporting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AFC Cyber Crime Phone: + 234 1 279 9600
- AFC Cyber Crime Address: Africa Finance Corporation, 3a Osborne Road, Ikoyi, Lagos State, Nigeria
Various scam and advance fee fraud emails purporting or implying to be from or associated with the Africa Finance Corporation may be circulating on the Internet.
Some of these emails may request detailed information and/or money from individuals, businesses or non-profit organizations with the promise that they will receive funds or other benefits in return. These are advance fee fraud criminal activities.
Other emails may ask for registration fees for conferences allegedly sponsored by the AFC and for hotel reservations, again with the promise of certain benefits. These emails sometimes carry the AFC logo, and originate from or refer to an email address which is made to look like an AFC email address. Many of these emails may also refer to the senior management and leadership of the AFC and may include a reference to the AFC web site. These are FRAUDULENT emails.
These emails do not emanate from the AFC, and are not in any way associated with AFC projects or events. The AFC wishes to warn the public of these misleading practices, and suggests that recipients of invitations such as those described above (whether sent by email or communicated in any other way) verify their authenticity before sending any response. Do not communicate with anyone soliciting funds in the name of the AFC, as the AFC is not a commercial bank.
In particular, AFC suggests that recipients do not send money or personal information in response to invitations from anyone from the AFC who claims to be awarding funds, grants, scholarships, certificates, lottery winnings, or prizes, and/or AFC requested payment for registration fees and hotel room reservations, or other advance fee fraud scams in the name of the AFC. The AFC is an Africa-focused multilateral financial institution that does not solicit deposits from private individuals or conduct commercial banking activity.
AFC has sought to address the wider infrastructure divide by originating, structuring and executing projects in the African power sector….
The DFI community, including the AFC, continues to play the important facilitation role by becoming more and more involved in projects….
As a continent endowed in natural and mineral resources, Africa has the capacity for sustainable growth in industrial output….
Expanding connectivity and energy efficient equipment are predicted to be the main drivers of investment and deal activity in Sub Saharan Africa….
AFC acts as an adviser and financier to a number of leading sponsors seeking to undertake important transactions in the mining and oil and gas industries and associated infrastructure….