This privacy statement sets out the data processing practices carried out with use of the Africa Finance Corporation (“AFC”) website. The statement should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions of Use, of which this statement forms part thereof.
AFC is committed to keeping information given by the users of our website confidential. It is necessary that users fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
AFC is the sole owner of information collected on www.africafc.org. AFC will not sell, share, or rent this information to others, and it will be used only by AFC for technical administration of the website, customer administration, and research and development.
The AFC website may contain links to, and may be accessed from, other websites. AFC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the AFC website. We encourage our users to be aware that, when they leave www.africafc.org, to read the privacy statements of websites that collects personally identifiable information.
What information does AFC collect about me?
When you visit, complete online forms or use our services at www. africafc.org, you volunteer the following information:
Personally, identifiable information – these include:
- Registration related information (such as your name, home or work address, telephone number, etc).
- If you register/apply for one of the vacancies listed on our careers website, employment, personal and educational details which you choose to provide to us as part of creating your profile, account and/or any application for employment, for example your CV, any employee or governmental identity number, driver’s license number and/or passport number (if required), your date of birth, place of birth, nationality (and where applicable dual or formal nationality), eligibility (including evidence) to work in the Country within which the vacancy exists (or relevant country), personal or professional interests (including job interests and areas of expertise), employment history, salary details and career aspirations, or language skills, any other information you choose to provide in your CV and any covering or subsequent documentation and any other information provided in relation to such registration or application, to enable us to process your registration or application.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways, demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you, to give us an insight into how we can better serve you and all our customers.
- Information you provide to us which reports a problem with any of the websites or apps and any further details requested from you to help us deal with such problem(s), so we can sort things out as quickly as possible.
- Where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social media websites and applications, so we understand you a bit better.
- technical information about the device which you use (for example the device type), log information (details of your use of our websites and apps), to help us provide the best service we can.
- Details of your location (where you visit us in person in store or choose to activate the location related functions of any website or app), so that we can give you information relative to that store or location.
Technical information- these include:
- The type of browser you are using, your manner of connecting to the internet, your internet protocol address (which is the internet address of your computer, that all computers automatically provide whenever accessing the internet or other computers), etc. Although this tracks user traffic patterns and gathers information, it does not track individual users.
Other voluntary information- these include:
- Anonymous information about your visits to our websites and your interaction with our products and services, which may be collected by third parties on our behalf through use of a pixel tag. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. These service providers do not collect the name, phone number, address, email address or any personally identifying information about the user.
- Information necessary for legal compliance.
- Information about the searches you carry out.
- Information about your visits to the AFC website
Please note that no personally identifiable information is collected from visitors to our website who do not wish to register as users
to www.africafc.org. However, if visitors wish to contact us, send comments, or recommend www.africafc.org, the visitor must provide some personally identifiable information such as name and e-mail address. This information will only be used by www.africafc.org.
Method of Collecting Information
We collect information about you in the following ways:
When you complete our contact or any other forms at www.africafc.org and move from page to page within our website, the information you provide is automatically stored in our electronic files.
Click here if you would like more detailed information about how these cookies work and our policy regarding the information they collect.
What does AFC do with the information collected?
Information gathered is mainly used for the following:
- To operate and improve these website.
- To respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry
- To enhance the user’s experience.
- To personalize the content for individuals and respond to their queries.
- To administer the websites, apps and for internal record keeping, business development and research (including anonymization of your personal information for future statistical analysis).
- To process and administer your job or similar application(s) (including placement or apprenticeship opportunities, as appropriate),
- To provide you with information on opportunities available to you (where requested).
- To interview, obtain suitable references, advise and undertake any required vetting procedures in relation to any vacancy which you register your interest for.
- To contact you (directly either by us or through a relevant partner or agent) by telephone or e-mail for the above reasons.
- To conduct checks on the details you provide to us, where appropriate, to assist with fraud prevention schemes.
- To comply with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations (including in connection with a court order, government investigation or when otherwise required by law).
- To conduct research about the use of the website; and
- To learn about the geographical distribution of our website’s visitors.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. We will let you know if we decide or need to use your personal information in a considerably different way to those that we have previously told you about. We will keep your information for as long as is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes set out above.
AFC will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless we are required by law or legal process to provide information regarding a user.
Visits to www.africafc.org and completing forms on the website is optional. The AFC website give users the option, wherever necessary and practical to opt-out of the use of their personally identifiable information for secondary uses by opting not to provide certain information when registering, and opting not to receive AFC newsletters, announcements and other e-mails.
Commitment to Security
As AFC operates globally, it may be necessary to transfer your personal information to third parties based outside the European Economic Area for the purposes set out above. We will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and other processing. If you choose to provide your personal information directly to Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) affiliates, agents or representatives through their respective websites, then their additional Privacy Policies will apply and should also be reviewed by you.
We take the security of our customers’ data very seriously and we use appropriate measures to protect all personal information collected in a secure, controlled environment.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites or apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites or apps. When you submit your personal information through our websites or apps, this at your own risk.
How can I stop receiving notices about future offers or to stop my personal information from being shared with third parties or from being sent outside the European Economic Area?
Please let us know by writing to us at the address given at the bottom of this policy. In addition, each time we send you marketing information by electronic mail or SMS text messaging, we will provide an opportunity for you to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us.
How do I correct or update my personal information?
We rely on the personal information that you give us, so it is important that all the details that you give to us are accurate and up to date. If your personal information changes, please notify us by writing to us at the address given at the bottom of this policy.
This privacy statement states our current practices and policies. If our practices change in the future, this statement will be updated and posted here so that you have the latest information on our data collection and use policies.
How to Contact Us
Tel: +44 7862352602