Product solutions (PS)
Across our core infrastructure segments AFC recognises that the public sector is by far the biggest developer of infrastructure assets in Africa, with the private sector contributing to economic activity through capital expenditure programmes and trade enabling activities.
Approach and scope of engagement
We offer Sovereign Lending funding solutions which involve direct lending to government and quasi-government entities. We support the financing of key infrastructure projects in any of our core sectors, and additionally for Agro-processing and Healthcare. We also provide sizeable tickets to support bridge and long-term financing up to 15 years in both USD and Euro.
AFC provides corporate clients with structured finance and trade finance solutions in USD and Euro ranging from vanilla term loans, traditional credit enhancing and risk mitigating structures such as guarantees and tenor elongation instruments to more complex and flexible lending solutions that crowd-in banks and financial institutions, as well as non-traditional, third-party funds. Our lending proposition takes full advantage of our high credit rating and Preferred Creditor Status.
Notable initiatives and projects
AFC has supported public sector infrastructure funding programmes in road development and rehabilitation, power generation, civil works and ICT, and supported private sector clients in bespoke Trade and capital expenditure finance solutions in West, East and Central Africa, including:
- EUR187.5 million facility for the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire for the completion of new roads in Abidjan and other cities in Cote d’Ivoire, as well as for reinforcement and rehabilitation of existing roads, where AFC acted as Co-Lead Arranger
- EUR150 million facility for the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire for the reinforcement and rehabilitation of 276km of existing roads, the construction of a tunnel, drainage system and roundabout, and a new building located in the Presidential palace. AFC acted as Co-Lead Arranger
- US$200 million investment for the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania primarily for the construction of power, water and transportation projects. AFC acted as Lead Arranger
- US$85 million investment in Government of the United Republic of Tanzania for a budget approved list of development/infrastructure projects. AFC acted as Co-Lead Arranger
- Participation in a US$1 billion facility for the Government of the Republic of Kenya to fund infrastructure projects, mainly in the power, water and transportations sectors
- US$200 million senior debt financing to BUA Industries Limited for the construction of the Lafiagi Sugar Refinery and Ethanol Plant
Ato Gyasi – Senior Director, Product Solutions
Ato is Senior Director, Product Solutions at AFC. His investment banking and management experience spans many African countries including South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana…