- 2018 EMEA Project Finance Award Champion of Finance – Oliver Andrews Executive Director & Chief Investment Office
- 2017 Infrastructure Journal Africa Power Deal of the Year, Hakkan 80MW peat to power project in Rwanda
- Ai Infrastructure Project Developer Awards 2017: African Logistics/Transport Project Developer of the Year
- EMEA Finance Champion of Finance 2017: Lifetime Achievement in Project Finance- Oliver Andrews-AFC Chief Investment Officer
- EMEA Finance’s Achievement Awards – Best Swiss Franc Bond
African Banker 2017 Award – Best Infrastructure Deal of the Year
- EMEA Finance’s Achievement Awards – Best M&A deal in EMEA: AFC and Harith General Partners power assets merger
- Africa Investor Infrastructure Investment Awards 2015: Power Deal of the Year – Cenpower Kpone IPP
- Africa Investor: Co-Developer of the Year, 2015 –Africa Finance Corporation
- Africa Investor: Energy Project Developer of the Year, 2015 Cenpower
- Global Trade Review Best Deals of 2014: Deal of the Year. Port Autonome d’Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, the EURE250 million syndicated bridge loan facility arranged by African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank), in which AFC provided a EURE50 million facility to Port Autonome d’Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- EMEA Finance Achievement Awards 2014: Best Syndicated Loan
- EMEA Finance Project Finance Awards 2014: Best Power Deal of the Year – Cenpower Kpone IPP PFI Awards 2014: African Power Deal of the Year – Cenpower Kpone IPP
- The Banker: Deals of the Year 2014 – Highly Commended – African Infrastructure and Project Finance
- Finance Monthly: Deal Maker of the Year Awards 2014 – Glencore transaction; Financing the purchase of crude oil from the Republic of Chad’s Société des Hydrocarbures du Tchad
- African Banker Icon Award 2014: AFC/Andrew Alli, President and Chief Executive Officer, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), with the Icon Award, 2014 (The ‘Icon’ category is awarded to an individual or institution for their outstanding contribution in the field of business, banking and finance. They are chosen by the African Banker awards selection committee, who noted excellence in AFC’s area of expertise – Infrastructure financing, its role in helping to change the perception of Africa, and, its contribution to the establishment of best global practice in the continent. This is a significant milestone achievement for AFC under the leadership of Andrew Alli and his management team.)
- African Banker: African Banker of the Year 2012 – Shortlist – Andrew Alli President & CEO Africa Finance Corporation
- Private Equity Africa: Development Impact Award 2012 – Main One
- International Finance Corporation (IFC): Emerging Partnerships top ten Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Sub-Saharan Africa 2012: Cabeolica, Cape Verde, Henri Konan Bedie Bridge, Côte d’Ivoire
- EMEA Finance Project Finance Awards 2012: Best infrastructure deal in EMEA – Henri Konan Bedie Bridge, Côte d’Ivoire
- Deal of the year 2012– Henri Konan Bedie Bridge, Côte d’Ivoire
- Euromoney Project Finance Deals of the Year 2012: African Transport
- Africa Investor Infrastructure Investment Award: PPP Investor of the year 2012 – Africa Finance Corporation
- Africa Investor: Leadership in Sustainable Investment in Africa 2011 – Cabeolica
- Africa Energy: Renewable Energy Award 2011– Cabeolica
- Infrastructure Journal: Trade Finance Award 2009– Arik Air
- African Banker: Deal of the year 2009 – Main One
Moody’s Investor Service is a bond credit rating business that provides international financial research on bonds issued by commercial and government entities. The company ranks creditworthiness of borrowers using a standardized ratings scale which measures expected investors loss in the event of default.
In March 2014, AFC received its first International credit rating from Moody’s Investors Service, with an A3 (long term) and P2 (short term) foreign currency debt rating. This rating was reaffirmed in April 2015, May 2016, July 2017 and December 2018.
Moody’s upheld its rating because they believe AFC has a “sound capital adequacy, high liquidity, no non-performing loans and only a small impairment provision on its balance sheet”. Moody’s highlighted that AFC profitability metrics are high compared to those of its peers and attaining an investment grade international credit only six years after its inception was a tremendous achievement. The rating considers AFC’s inevitable expansion over the next few years and accounts for the natural risks of exposure to economic and political challenges.
This rating, together with AFC’s strong capital position and the quality of its portfolio, is enabling AFC to grow its balance sheet, broaden its asset base and expand its geographical footprint. It is a further endorsement of the Corporations rigorous process, innovative approach to infrastructure investment on the continent, world-class corporate governance and solid shareholder support. The corporation is now well positioned to assist in further driving economic growth and industrial development in Africa.
AFC has sought to address the wider infrastructure divide by originating, structuring and executing projects in the African power sector….
The DFI community, including the AFC, continues to play the important facilitation role by becoming more and more involved in projects….
As a continent endowed in natural and mineral resources, Africa has the capacity for sustainable growth in industrial output….
Expanding connectivity and energy efficient equipment are predicted to be the main drivers of investment and deal activity in Sub Saharan Africa….
AFC acts as an adviser and financier to a number of leading sponsors seeking to undertake important transactions in the mining and oil and gas industries and associated infrastructure….