- Current authorised share capital is US$2.0 billion with shareholders’ funds of US$1.70 billion
- 2019 total assets: US$6.1 billion
- 2019 Total Profit: US$183.2 million
Diversified Funding Structure
AFC Borrowing History (in US$'Mn)
In 2019, AFC expanded funding capacity by US$2.1 billion across the bonds and loan markets, (including Japan and South Korea). The strategy enabled the Corporation exploit opportunities in old and new markets and further diversified its funding mix.
2019 Key Borrowing Activities
- 7Y 4.375% USD 650mn 144A/Reg S Notes
- 10Y 3.750% USD 500mn Reg S Only Notes
- 4Y 0.5225% CHF 200mn Reg S Only Notes
- USD 233mn & JPY 1 Billion 3-Year Samurai Term Loan Facility
- USD 140 Million 3-Year Kimchi Term Loan Facility
AFC has sought to address the wider infrastructure divide by originating, structuring and executing projects in the African power sector….
The DFI community, including the AFC, continues to play the important facilitation role by becoming more and more involved in projects….
As a continent endowed in natural and mineral resources, Africa has the capacity for sustainable growth in industrial output….
Expanding connectivity and energy efficient equipment are predicted to be the main drivers of investment and deal activity in Sub Saharan Africa….
AFC acts as an adviser and financier to a number of leading sponsors seeking to undertake important transactions in the mining and oil and gas industries and associated infrastructure….